CONTACT US: Contact us with your vehicle make and model as well as the other options listed to get a quote for the 4" Portal Gear Lift.
Call: 832-876-7856 or visit the contact page under "Home" to send us an email.
Gen 3 Portals are Geared for All
Gen 3 portals let you ride the way you want. If you like to bury your Polaris RZR XP 1000 deep in mud with huge tires and huge torque, we’ve got a 30% gear reduction for that. If you like to ride flat out and throttle down through rough trails and nasty terrain, we’ve got a 15% gear reduction for that. GDP Portal Gear Lifts don’t put you in a box—they make what you’re already doing better.
GDP—the Most Trusted Name in Portals
How do we know they’ll make your ride better? Just ask any of the thousands of riders already using GDP portals out on the trail today. Altogether they have hundreds of thousands of ride hours that make GDP the most real-world proven portals on the market. More riders roll on GDP portals than any other portal system. So forge ahead with the best portal gear lift on the market.
Perfect for Mud
There’s a reason you’re always surrounded by GDP portals when you’re at the ride park—they’re perfect for mud and everybody knows it. A gear reduction and a 4” lift gives you room for huge tires and the torque to turn them. Torque, clearance, and big tires? Sounds like a recipe to dominate the mud and take home the bounty.
A Gear Reduction That Protects Your Drivetrain
With the gear reduction in the hub, it makes life easier for the entire drivetrain before it. Your axles maintain factory geometry and work less. Your axles, prop shaft, differential, and transmission are under less stress. That means longer lasting components, and a lift that doesn’t destroy your machine.
Unmatched Gear Materials
What’s the most important part of a portal gear lift? Gears of course. That’s why we didn’t cut any corners—they’re made with 9310 alloy steel. To put the cherry on top, they’re precision ground so they mate perfectly and give you quiet portals. They’re top-of-the-line gears that are built tough so you can ride full throttle.
Stronger Housings by Design
You can’t get stronger housings anywhere. How do we know? We’ve been making these things longer than anybody else—we know how to make them stronger. Whether you want cast or USA-made 6061 billet aluminum, you’ll get an awesome housing with unmatched strength and reliability. Plus that CNC-machined finish is sure to turn some heads.
- Our housings are reinforced in all the right places
- They’re built with better oil flow and gearing forces in mind
- There are no gimmicks and no vents because vents do more harm than good—we know because we tested them
The Strongest Portal Backing Plates You Can Get
Our backing plates are made with an advanced steel alloy that’s designed for strength and durability. It’s stronger than chromoly and 5/16” thick. Combine that with a properly gusseted and welded design and you get backing plates that are strong enough to take on anything. We didn’t cut any corners on strength and neither should you.
Advanced Gaskets and Seals
Whether you go with cast or billet, both housings use:
- Advanced Thermo-Tork® gaskets with excellent oil resistance and a lower deterioration rate than Kevlar gaskets
- A sealed input gear and double-lipped output seal
- 100% sealing coverage throughout so you can forget about oil leaks
Bearings That Rock
A portal box is only as strong as the bearings that keep everything moving. That’s why our output bearing is a double-angular contact bearing—it can withstand huge forces and huge torque from any angle without wearing prematurely or breaking. Our idler bearings are bulletproof roller bearings. Trust us—the idler does more work than you think. They’re bearings that are meant to be used and abused ride after ride.
Universal Hubs and Slotted Rotors
Our precision-ground, stainless steel slotted rotors stay cool to give you the braking power you need when you need it. They’re paired with universal hubs that make your life easier. They come with 4/156, 4/137, 4/115, and 4/110 bolt patterns and lugs—you can fit wheels built for just about any side-by-side in the world on these hubs. We invented the tapered output shaft that our hubs attach to. It provides a more secure lock that won’t wobble or wear over time.
- Available with billet or cast aluminum housing
- Cool, quiet, precision ground gears made from 9310 alloy billet steel
- 1.5 in. diameter 4340 hardened steel drive shaft
- Housings use Thermo-Tork® gaskets that don’t let anything through
- Universal hub fits all major bolt patterns
- Gear reduction reduces stress on your drivetrain
- 14" or larger wheel required
- 14" & 15" wheels cannot exceed 4-1/2" backspacing
- 16" and larger wheels cannot exceed 5" backspacing
- If using factory 14" wheels, you must run 2" wheel spacers
- Not compatible with dual beadlock wheels